Decluttering Cables and Cords Behind Your Entertainment Center
One of the biggest distractions of your state-of-the-art home theater system is all of those unsightly cables and wires that seem to become a big twisted and tangled mess behind your entertainment center. With a little organization, you can get that “cable monster” under control using these tips and suggestions:
- Go wireless. From Bluetooth enabled surround sound systems to wireless remote controls, there are several devices you can upgrade to eliminate wired connections.
- Detangle bunched-up cables. Disconnect all of the cables and power cords from your devices to detangle them.
- Shorten cables to the desire length by wrapping them individually around your hand and using cable ties. The cables only need to be long enough to reach from each end of the connection.
- Bunch cables for each device together with cable ties. Use cable ties around cables for individual devices. This will prevent them from getting tangled up with other cables from other devices.
- Hide cables under or in cable covers. There are cable covers you can place over or in them that hide them from view and also keep them organized.
- Use a direct outlet surge protector. There are surge protectors that plug directly into the wall and do not have a power cord, thus eliminating one cord from behind the entertainment center.
Taking the time to declutter the cords and cables helps get them better organized and prevents future messes behind the entertainment center. For color coded cables, HDMI cables, TV and universal remotes, and other accessories, call ReplacementRemotes.com at 1-855-5-REMOTE (1-855-573-6683).