Top 3 Adjustable Beds and Why
When you have difficulty sleeping, the problem could be your mattress because you are not in a comfortable sleeping position. Since everyone has different sleeping position preferences, some people use pillows to help them get comfortable. Even then, it can still be hard to find that perfect position. Another solution to finding your perfect sleeping position is to invest in an adjustable bed.
What Is an Adjustable Bed?
An adjustable bed has an adjustable bed base that can be used using an adjustable bed remote. You can customize your sleeping position, such as raising the upper part of the mattress. In addition, you can adjust different parts of the mattress and raise or lower them to find the most comfort.
What Features Do Adjustable Beds Have?
The features available with an adjustable bed depend on the model and manufacturer. All beds will have an adjustable frame with a wired or wireless remote control. Other features that may be included with the bed are:
- Personalized programmable positions
- Dual programmable positions that allow couples to set their side of the bed for maximum comfort
- Lumbar massage and heating to help alleviate sore backs
- USB charging ports to charge your smart devices
- Smart home connectivity
- Under-bed lighting
- Personalized cooling to keep you comfortable on hot summer days
How Do I Choose the Best Adjustable Bed?
The first place to start is to write down what features you would like to have. For example, if you want a wireless remote control, then you can eliminate any models that have wired remotes. Additionally, remember you may not be able to get every feature you want. So, focus on the ones that are must-haves and decide which ones you could do without if they are not available.
Adjustable Bed Terminology
As you start browsing adjustable beds, you will encounter various terminology used to describe the bed base. Some of the most common ones you should know are:
- Zero Gravity – The position of the bed will make you feel weightless.
- Whisper Quiet – The motor, gears, and other components that adjust the bed are very quiet and often no louder than a whisper.
- Wall Hugger – This term means there will not be a gap between the bed and the wall when adjusting the mattress.
- Ergonomic Design – This simply means that the bed can be adjusted and support your body in its preferred sleeping position.
- Adjustable Bed Base – When the bed says it is the base, it means you only get the frame and bed base. You must supply a mattress and can often use your existing one.
What Are the Best 3 Adjustable Beds?
The following are some of the best adjustable beds you will find on the market today, in no particular order.
#1. Tempur-Pedic Ergo Smart Base
This adjustable bed is available in all sizes, from Twin XL to Split King and California King. Split beds make it possible for couples to personalize their side of the bed to their optimal sleeping position.
The bed includes several pre-programmed sleeping positions with the option to create a personalized position. Other features offered include the following:
- Massage with two massage zones and three massage speeds
- Smart home integration and voice assistance connectivity
- An anti-snore mode, where the bed will raise the upper part when it detects snoring
- Under-bed lighting that can be turned on and off using the remote control
- A mobile app that can be used to track sleep quality, temperature, air quality, and humidity levels
#2. Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 Bed Base
The bed base includes Wall Hugger, where the top of the bed stays within reach of your nightstand even when raised. You can adjust the height of the bed, thanks to the adjustable legs included with this base.
The mattress is secured to the bed base using heavy-duty velcro strips. The bed base is available in Twin XL, Queen, and Split King. Other options offered with this model include:
- USB Ports
- Wireless Remote
- Massage Capabilities
- Alarm Clock
- Under-Bed Lighting
#3. Purple Ascent Adjustable Bed Base
This model is a great mid-range adjustable bed when you are looking for one with some great options. The base is available in Twin XL, Queen, King, and Split King. In addition, there are several preset and customizable settings.
For example, there is a zero-gravity mode where you can feel weightless, as if you were floating in space. You can also customize the anti-snore mode and your preferred sitting position.
The base also features two USB ports, with one on each side of the base. However, the base does not include under-bed lighting, and there is no heat or massage feature.
Adjustable Bed Replacement Remotes
Did you misplace it or has your adjustable bed remote control stopped working? It is easy to find compatible aftermarket adjustable bed remotes at Replacement Remotes. Explore our selections online or contact us at 855-573-6683 for further assistance.